Saturday, January 12, 2019

Book of poetry about Romanian and universal life


https://tintededges.com/2018/12/22/invitation-to-poetry/

“Invitation to Poetry” by Mihai Brinas is a collection of free verse poetry. Brinas combines everyday observations with deep introspection in each of his verses.
I really liked some of the concepts in this book and I enjoyed Brinas’ take on the mundane aspects of daily life. I think my favourite poem was the sadness of books which included the lines:
i leave taking with me
the sadness of so many books unread.
I think that while I enjoyed the themes of Brinas’ poetry, I did feel like the language wasn’t always as fluid as I would have liked. A few of the poems included repeating words or particular word choices that were a little grating and I felt like a bit of a comb through would have helped smooth some of these out.
Anyway, this is an easy book of poetry to read and see the world through Brinas’ eyes.
Image result for Mihai brinas invitation to poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment